Nbiz Infosol as an authorized distributor for IBM Infosphere Guardium – Real-time Database Security and Monitoring.
IBM® InfoSphere® Guardium® Data Activity Monitor prevents unauthorized data access, alerts on changes or leaks to help ensure data integrity, automates compliance controls and protects against internal and external threats.
Continuous monitoring and real time security policies protect data across the enterprise without changes to databases or applications or performance impact. InfoSphere Guardium Data Activity Monitor is a market leader for big data security solutions delivering a 239% ROI in less than 6 months and protects data at the source where controls are the most scalable and effective.
Guardium has the privilege to be a key component in two IBM strategies: First the InfoSphere Information Governance Strategy, where there is a need to provide customers with trusted, relevant, and governed data throughout the information lifecycle. And with the Security Systems framework, where the protection of sensitive data is ultimately the essence of what enterprises want to accomplish.
Guardium integrate with and complement IM products, such as InfoSphere Discovery and Optim Archiving, as well as with Security products like QRadar and AppScan.
InfoSphere Guardium Data Activity Monitor can:
- Monitor and audit all data activity—for all platforms and protocols.
- Enforce security policies in real time—for all data access, change control and user activities.
- Create a centralized repository of audit data—for enterprise compliance, reporting and forensics.
- Support heterogeneous environments—all leading platforms, file shares and operating systems, including big data environments.
For more details Click here
Creating and managing granular policies
- With the acquisition of Guardium, a leading supplier of database activity monitoring (DAM) and database protection solutions, IBM now offers an automated, effective, and efficient way to directly address growing database security and compliance challenges.
- The IBM InfoSphere Guardium solution continuously monitors database transactions through lightweight software probes (see Figure 1) installed on the database servers. The probes monitor all database transactions, including those of privileged users, at the operating system kernel level without relying on database audit logs. The probes forward transactions to a hardened Collector appliance on the network, where they are compared to previously defined policies to detect violations. The system can respond with a variety of policy-based actions, including generating an alert and blocking the transaction in real time.
Beyond rules and policies
- InfoSphere Guardium supports many other database security and compliance needs. Capabilities include discovering databases that may have been added outside normal processes by crawling the network; enforcing change control by matching actual database changes detected by the probes to authorized changes imported from a corporate change ticketing application; and detecting fraud by identifying actual end-user identities in transactions executed from enterprise applications such as SAP, Oracle E-Business Suite, and PeopleSoft that utilize pooled database connections.
Improve security, free up resources
- Groups responsible for database administration should partner with other stakeholders—like the security team—to plan the InfoSphere Guardium implementation so they can help identify sensitive data, define appropriate protective policies, and design automated workflow to ensure incidents are investigated and closed in a manner that satisfies compliance requirements. Resources previously dedicated to the maintenance of custom solutions and the review of audit data can be redeployed to support the organization's strategic initiatives.
IBM InfoSphere Guardium - Managing the entire data security and compliance life cycle for enterprise systems
IBM InfoSphere Guardium - Data Activity Monitor - Continuously monitor data access and protect sensitive data across the enterprise
InfoSphere Guardium - Appliances - x2000 Collector, Aggregator and Central Manager
IBM InfoSphere Guardium - Vulnerability Assessment - Scan database infrastructures to detect vulnerabilities and suggest remedial actions