About ISO 50001-Energy Management System
Energy is a very critical element for every organizations on its daily operations which has the major. The ISO 50001 Energy Management Standard will provide public and private sector organizations with management strategies to increase energy efficiency, reduce costs and improve energy performance. The standard is intended to provide organizations with a recognized framework for integrating energy performance into their management practices. Multinational organizations will have access to a single, harmonized standard for implementation across the organization with a logical and consistent methodology for identifying and implementing improvements.
By adopting the ISO 50001 standards, the organization will be benefited on maximizing the potential opportunities and implement changes on the daily operational procedures. Typically, the Energy Management Systems combines the best practices on project management, energy monitoring, and energy awareness, along with an energy policy that governs an approach towards energy use and performance. The approach will benefit the organization on enabling significant energy savings that must be continually monitored to resolve the energy waste and reduce the anomalies.
The Energy Management System is an internationally recognized standard which is focused on implementing the strategic and systematic proven energy and energy cost savings benefits management system.
The ISO 50001 does not only returns the limited benefits instead it also creates additional compensations for the organization.
The focus of an ISO 50001 standards Energy Management System is to improve the management processes, practices and procedures that can control the organizations functions and activities.
Brief about the ISO standard
Adapted from the ISO standard: ISO 50001:2011
The international standard will enable the organizations to improve and establish the current systems and practices, continually improve the energy performance including the energy efficiency and consumption. It is designed to lead on reducing the greenhouse gas emissions, energy costs, and any other related environmental impacts. The ISO 50001 is applicable to all types and sizes of organizations, sectors or industries, cultural or social conditions and irrespective of locations.
The Energy Management System specifies requirements for the organization to develop and successfully implement an energy policy, on establishing the energy objectives, targets and action plans. This will enable the organization to achieve and maintain its policy commitment, perform an action wherever necessary to continuously improve its energy performance. It will also provide the conformities
It enables the organizations to establish the systems and processes required in improving the energy efficiency, use, intensity and consumption. An ISO 50001-based EnMS reduces the energy costs, environmental impacts and improves profitability. It demonstrates that the organization have implemented the environmental energy management systems and focused on the continual improvement on their energy conservation. It will help the organization to develop a policy, settle an energy efficiency targets and objectives and review the effectiveness of the energy policy. The standard boosts the competitiveness and reduces the vulnerability of the organization with respect to the energy price fluctuation and availability of energy. It helps the organization to handle and control related energy risks concerning to any possible impacts in the most efficient and effective methods. It also allows the organization on establishing a better use of energy consuming assets on identifying potentials to reduce the maintenance costing and it can also expand the capacity.
It enables the organizations to establish the systems and processes required in improving the energy efficiency, use, intensity and consumption.
An ISO 50001-based EnMS reduces the energy costs, environmental impacts and improves profitability.
It demonstrates that the organization have implemented the environmental energy management systems and focused on the continual improvement on their energy conservation.
It will help the organization to develop a policy, settle an energy efficiency targets and objectives and review the effectiveness of the energy policy.
The standard boosts the competitiveness and reduces the vulnerability of the organization with respect to the energy price fluctuation and availability of energy.
It helps the organization to handle and control related energy risks concerning to any possible impacts in the most efficient and effective methods.
It also allows the organization on establishing a better use of energy consuming assets on identifying potentials to reduce the maintenance costing and it can also expand the capacity.
The Nbiz GO-AIM-HIGH methodology was developed to provide the continuous success for every clientle’s project. It represents the Nbiz Team Consultants activities during the involvement from the initial phase until the last phase to conclude the project successfully.
The acronyms on the GO-AIM-HIGH methodology are already tested, applied and proven methods by the Nbiz Team Consultants during the implementation of the project. These are the activities performed which represents the corresponding phases related during the project implementation.
We are delighted to provide you the detailed explaination of our GO-AIM-HIGH Methodology on the below illustration.
G – Gathering of Data
The first step in the IMS Consultancy is gathering of data. In this, our consultants will be gathering all different types of relevant and existing records that are already with the client.
O – Organizational strength and weakness identification
The second step is aiming to identify the organizational strength and weaknessess.
A - Analyze and review documents, current processes and procedures
The third step in the IMS Consultancy is to conduct Gap Analysis of the current structure of the company which includes review of documents, processes and procedures in order to determine compliance to the required Management System standard. It is through this step that consultants and the company's key personnel can collaboratively formulate appropriate plan and activities to respond to gaps identified against the standard.
I-Improve, create and implement processes and procedures
The fourth step of the IMS consultancy is based on the gaps identified during step
1. Improvements and/or creation of documents meeting the requirements of the standard shall be initiated by the consultant in close coordination with the company’s key personnel. Documents shall include policies, manuals, procedures, forms/templates, instructions, etc. The documents created/improved shall be meeting the standard requirements and shall be suitable to the business activities and culture of the company. The company’s authorized representative shall review the documents and must be approved by the Top Management before issue. Additionally, Nbiz Infosol consultants shall guide companies to implement the set procedures and processes in order to comply with standard requirements. Appropriate trainings shall be provided to key personnel in order to provide or develop competence in the implementation of the system.
Once standard is established, Nbiz Infosol consultants shall guide companies to monitor performance as per the required standard through performance measurement, check compliance and conformances through audits and inspections. Nonconformance shall be identified, reported and recorded accordingly.
As part of the monitoring and checking, Nbiz Consultants shall assist companies in reviewing and re-assing their environmental aspects/impacts and occupational hazards and risks. The review and re-assessment shall be done on a regular basis or as per requirement of the ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007 standards.
I-Implement corrective actions and recommendations
Once the nonconformities are identified, Nbiz Infosol consultants shall assist companies to identify root causes, implement corrections, corrective actions and preventive actions for nonconformance. Recommendations shall also be considered for continual improvement.
Reports shall be generated in all phases of the consultancy. Nbiz Infosol recognized that reports and records are essential to prove evidences of performed activities. Reports shall be properly channeled and submitted in correct and appropriate formats.
H-Head towards certification
Once, documents, procedures and processes are already established and implementation is considered adequate, Nbiz Infosol shall facilitate for the certification process of the companies. Nbiz Infosol consultants shall render support during all phases of the certification audits starting from planning with external auditors, during the actual audits, closing of the nonconformance and follow-up audits.
Scoping on the required scope of certification. The general information required for the application and scoping are as follows:
Initial System Study on the relevant field of certification applied and interested for, involved activities of the organization, no. of employees and the details on the available technical resources, any related subsidiary/entities.
Any related information within the organization that will effect on the requirements to fulfill the conformity related processes, consultations on the management system, and requirements on seeking the certifications.
Submission of the required and improved documents to obtain approval and certification from the authorized certification body.
- Coordinating Audit Plan – Our consultants will closely facilitate on the schedule communicated by the client. The audit plan will be prepared by the certification body and communicated to the client.
Submission of the required and improved documents to obtain approval and certification from the authorized certification body.
Facilitate to close NC’s – Our consultants will be assisting on developing and enhancing the identified non-conformances by the Auditor of the certification body.
Facilitate in submitting non-conformities to certification body – Upon the identification of non-conformities, the consultants will be facilitating on clearing and completing all the identified non-conformities of the client to be submitted to the certification body.
Co-ordination for approval of non-conformities and releasing of certificates from the certification body and providing the certificate the client.
Nbiz Infosol Certification is in co-ordination with many leading certification body which are internationally recognized to help our client on achieving any relevant ISO Standards.
The phases on the above diagram explains only the commonly used processes/activities in order to provide a clear summary explanation/objective during the certification process.
Nbiz Consultants Team will facilitate mostly on gathering the requirements, coordinating on the schedule, as well as submitting the requirements to the certification body.
Nbiz Infosol will not have any control/influence on the schedule/decision by any Certification Body.
Kindly note that there are extra phases involved on each relevant standards that the Certification Body Representative may add and apply whenever necessary.
1. Phase I - Application and Scoping on the required certification.
The general information required by the Certification Body Representative for the application and scoping are as follows:
- Any related information within the organization that will effect on the requirements to fulfill the conformity related processes, consultations on the management system, and requirements on seeking the certifications.
2. Phase II - Audit Planning
- Identification of Audit Criteria, scope and objectives.
- Audit Schedule preparation
- Co-ordination with clients regarding audit details and logistics.
- Preparation of checklists, audit formats, etc.
3. Phase III – Stage 1 - Certification Audit
The Certification Body Auditors will perform the following:
- Certification Body Representative will gather detail for the company’s background/information and reviewing the existing documents to understand and evaluate the company’s set objectives, policies and procedures.
- Assessing the processes in place and comparing on the set objectives is being facilitated by our consultants in order to know if it is aligned within the organizations objectives.
Phase III - Stage II – Audit (On-site)
- Opening Meeting
- Audit execution and identification of non-conformities
- Closing Meeting
- Follow-up Audit
- Audit Closure
4. Phase IV - Certification approval process is to validate the organizations system compliance and implementation. The certification can be a useful tool to boost the company’s credibility. This will also demonstrate that the products and services are being met along with the customers’ expectations. On every organization the certification is a legal or contractual requirement.
5. Phase V - Surveillance Audit - are being performed after a year of the certification. The purpose of the surveillance audit is to check if the standards are being implemented and maintained.
6. Phase VI – Re-scoping/Change of Scope – this is to continuously evaluate the continual fulfillment and improvement of all the required and relevant documents within the management system standard. In case there are changes to be implement on the new services/processes/products or regulatory authority’s requirements, changes required from the Top Management the Phase III – Certification Audit shall be applicable.
7. Phase VII – Certificate Renewal – the re-certification renewal demonstrates that the organization is continuously striving for improvement into the implemented Management System in order to achieve and meet the client’s satisfaction and regulatory authority’s requirements/expectations.
- Nbiz Infosol can assist your organization to acquire any relevant ISO certifications which is well-known internationally. It will generate additional business opportunities, exhibit the organizations compliance and commitment to the best-practices in any industries in order to be more competitive in today’s market.
- Nbiz Infosol consists of professionals which are high level and practically experienced and very senior Project Directors along with our well-experienced and knowledgeable Senior Consultants.
- Nbiz Infosol location advantage within the Emirates on the following: Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Al Ain, Sharjah, Ajman, Ras Al Khaimah and Fujairah (We have successfully completed many and different projects locally and also internationally).
- Nbiz Infosol strongly promotes and implements the facilitations on the relevant Management System not only for the sake of certification but to really make a difference in the processes and procedures that will be implemented throughout any organization.
- Nbiz Infosol consist of some project members which are also EFQM International Assessors this can add value to the assignment as Abu Dhabi government is highly recommending Organizational Excellence program across Abu Dhabi Emirate (and UAE).
- Nbiz Infosol prices are very competitive in the market without compromising our quality of service which in return provides our company’s commitment and to maintain repeated orders from our clients.
- Nbiz Infosol is driven by professional Senior Consultants with good cross functional knowledge of the other standards such as ISO 14000, OHSAS 18000 which will also add value to the project.
- Nbiz Infosol can be a good channel to assist the standardization within the organization. It will help to promote worldwide trading, encouraging rationalization, maintaining quality assurance and environmental protection, as well as improving the security and communication at all levels within the organization.
- Nbiz Consultants Team will work collaboratively and will be able to support the organization within the entire certification process.
- Nbiz Consultants Team are fully experienced and exposed in the consultation, implementation, facilitation and trainings of ISO 50001:2011 Energy Management Systems.
- Nbiz Consultants Team have the most extensive invaluable hand-on experience of working under various roles and capacities in the Energy and Environmental Industry.
- Nbiz Consultants Team drives the standardization within the organization to promote worldwide governance, encouraging rationalization, maintaining quality assurance and environmental protection, as well as reducing energy costs at all levels within the organization.
- Nbiz Consultants Team will be closely monitoring and continually improving the organizations energy costs saving processes on any related services.